It is mandatory to link UAN with Aadhaar before August 31 to deposit EPF amount in your account.
The government has made it mandatory to link UAN with Aadhaar so that employers can file Employee cum Return (ECR) challans and deposit money in your EPF account. The Government announced this vide Gazette Notification dated 30th April, 2021 vide section 142 of the Social Security Code, 2020 with effect from 3rd May, 2021.
The deadline for linking Universal Account Number (UAN) with Aadhaar was August 31, 2021. Account holders who have not been able to get Aadhaar linked till the last date, their employer will not be able to make monthly contribution to their Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account. Also, they will not be able to withdraw from their EPF account.
Is UAN linked with Aadhaar or not?
Follow the steps given below to check if your UAN is linked with your Aadhaar:
- Step 1: Visit the Member Services Portal: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Step 2: Log in to your account by entering your UAN and password.
- Step 3: After successfully logging in, select the ‘KYC’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab.
On the screen check under the Verified Documents tab, if your Aadhaar number is shown and approved, then it means that your UAN is linked with Aadhaar.
However, if the Aadhaar number is not shown under the Verified Documents tab, you will need to link your UAN with Aadhaar.
How to link your UAN with Aadhaar
There are four ways to link UAN with Aadhaar: (a) on the member service portal, (b) using the UMANG app, (c) using OTP verification on the e-KYC portal of EPFO and (d) using biometric credentials E-KYC Portal of EPFO.
Procedure to link UAN with Aadhaar on Member Service Portal:
- Step 1: Log on to the Member Services Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Step 2: Select the ‘KYC’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Aadhaar’ option to add the KYC document.
- Step 4: The screen will show your name as per Aadhaar. You have to enter the Aadhar number. If you do not wish to share your Aadhaar number, you can also enter the Virtual ID number.
You will need to provide consent for Aadhaar based authentication for the purpose of linking UAN with Aadhaar.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Save’ button. Once it is saved it will be shown under ‘Pending KYC’.
Your employer will need approval so that your UAN is linked with Aadhaar. Once approved by your employer, it must also be approved by EPFO to complete the linking process.