The State Bank of Patiala was established on 17 November 1917 by His Majesty Bhupinder Singh, the Maharaja of Patiala State, to promote the development of agriculture, trade and industry. It was an associate bank of the State Bank Group. It merged with State Bank of India on 1 April 2017. At the time of its merger, State Bank of Patiala had a network of 1445 service outlets including 1314 branches in all major cities of India, but most of the branches were located in India.
The State Bank Of Patiala logo is a blue circle with a small cut at the bottom which denotes perfection and the small man is the common man – the center of the bank’s business.
The bank was reorganized in 1948 with the formation of the Patiala and East Punjab States Union, which was brought under the control of the Reserve Bank of India and renamed as Bank of Patiala. On 1 April 1960, Bank of Patiala became a subsidiary of State Bank of India and its name was changed to State Bank of Patiala.