The Kangra Central Cooperative Bank Limited ,came into existence on 17 March 1920.
Indora Banking Union was merged and in January 1956 another branch of the bank was opened at Nurpur.
Palampur Banking Union was merged and in January 1957 the third branch of the bank was opened at Palampur.
Nanan Banking Union was merged and in October 1958 the fourth branch of the bank was opened at Hamirpur.
In March 1962, Rs 4.09 lakh was given by the government to a bank that suffered from the shock of partition.
The government also provided an interest free relief loan of Rs 3.98 lakh in 1971-72 and a Government of India loan of Rs 4.97 lakh in 1962 at the rate of 3.87%.
The bank aggressively entered into the deposit collection scheme of Pong Dam area and secured deposits by increasing the maximum share of bank deposits from Rs. 256 lakhs in 1971-72 to Rs. 1054 lakh in 1973-74.