Karnataka State Co-Operative Apex Bank Limited – A Rapid Template Development Framework Co-operative Societies in Karnataka.
Karnataka has been at the forefront of cooperative efforts and has produced many excellent cooperatives. Shri Siddhanagouda Sanna Ramanagouda Patil organized the first agricultural credit cooperative society in 1905 at Kanaginal village in Gadag district.
Basic Objectives and Principles:
- Encouraging people to promote cooperatives on voluntary basis.
- To ensure that cooperatives are formed and operate on democratic principles.
- To ensure that the cooperatives in the state enjoy maximum autonomy.
- To inculcate the spirit of co-operation among the people in the State.
- To ensure that cooperatives are accountable to members.
- To ensure that co-operative societies act as useful instruments for bringing about continuous improvement in the quality of life of their members.
- To ensure that cooperatives act as tools to pave the way for the establishment of an egalitarian society for poverty alleviation and for the upliftment of the weaker sections of the society.
- Work as multifunctional units to encourage co-operation.
- To encourage efficient deposit collection.
- To encourage efficient deployment of human resources.
- Encouraging cooperatives to emerge as self-supporting, financially service-oriented business concerns achieving financial gain and putting mutual interest ahead of personal interest.
- Providing equal opportunities to all members.
- To encourage co-operative societies to emerge as people’s bank.
- To prevent misuse by co-operatives.
- To ensure independent audit.
- Communicating Professionalism in Management for the fulfillment of national objectives co-operation among co-operatives.